Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Good Friends Good Books

Dear friends,

Friends are a blessing for everyone and the human was made to communicate not to be alone. That is why God created the man and than the woman - also for the purpose of breeding and filling the world with small Adams and Eves... But what I am trying to point out here is that we were made for love and companionship and friendship. We we made to have strong emotions and we were made to make mistakes, take our own path in life and find the ones that we could call "friends". There are some people who enter your life by mistake and you just bond with them instantly. And no matter how often you speak or see eachother you will continue the communication as if it never had a break.
 “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
Well, my dear friends, Roxana was like that for me :) She entered my life somewhere in 2010 I believe... We both were working for this Corporation back home, in Romania - in Iasi. She was on a different project than I was, on a different floor, but the center was small and I was (and still am) very communicative :p so the inevitable happened :) And I am oh so happy it did happen :) and we became friends. But I think the huge impact of both of us moving out of Iasi and into another country (starting to be expats) helped a lot in cementing our bond. I am living now in Krakow, in Poland, as you very well know and this lovely lady is working in Brno, in Czech Republic. And today I will show you pictures from her second visit :) Which was last weekend. She came Friday afternoon and went away Sunday morning. Hopefully I will see her very soon - She promised to come for Christmas so I am keeping my fingers crossed ;)
 “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
Friday I did not get much chance to stay with her as I came home from work around 5 pm and my awesome fiance went to pick her up and brought her about the same time that I arrived home. But at 8 pm I had a meeting with my work colleagues so I had to get prepared and get to the place so I manage to sit with her only about an hour or so... But my adorable fiance took good care of her (they do know eachother) and they played games and drank beer - I say job well done! :) So Saturday was our day! Ladies day out - we went to Wawel castle but before that we started at Bona - Ksiazka i kawa ;) where we had an awesome breakfast. We split a portion of pierogi ruskie as Roxana did not try pierogi last time... my bad! and we topped it off with some awesomely delicious tea and cheesecake for me ;) and chocolate cake for Roxana - with some whipped cream, of course! And we had a look at some books - one about the types and characters and traits of Polish people and one (that I really liked!) about the luxourious hotes in Paris <3

 “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
Mark Twain

Now I must raise a glass of wine/pint of beer to my awesome fiance who when he heard that Roxana wanted to see the castle woke up early in the morning (around 6 am...) and went to stay in line for tickets to the Crown Treasury and Armoury + The Lost Wawel (you know... I told you that in November the visiting is for free and the lines are... HUGE!). He managed to get us tickets for the Armoury at 1 pm and The Lost Wawel 50 minutes later :) - we met in the city center, he passed the tickets to us and he went home for some well deserved rest :* God bless his soul! I love him a whole bunch! :) We did enjoy ourselves and Roxana liked me as a guide again ;) Maybe I missed my proffesion :))))
 “Its the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” ― Marlene Dietrich
After the circling of the Wawel castle and checking out the swords/guns/crossbows/canons and such and after watching how the Wawel castle developed we went downhill and crossed the city, went to some libraries - as we both enjoy books immensely! and we made a short stop at another place I really like but did not get a chance to tell you about: Coffee Heaven (and yes! I do have a client card there for more than 2 years now!). We choose the one on Florianska street - the beginning, on the corner, next to the Brama (Gate) Florianska. There are a lot of small and big venues around the town so it is really hard not to spot them! It is quite similar to Starbucks but better when it commes to the lattes and the freshly squeezed juices for frosties (love them in the summer time!).
 “When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” ― Jess C. Scott, The Intern
Coffeeheaven (stylized as coffeeheaven) is a Central European business based in Warsaw, Poland that has raised its capital in both London (AIM) and Warsaw operates specialty branded coffee/sandwich bars only in Central Europe under the coffeeheaven brand name. There are coffeeheaven stores in Poland, Slovakia, Latvia, Bulgaria and Hungary. Stores owned in Latvia trade under the brand name Coffee Nation. It was formed in 1999 in Poland. The first store was opened in Gdynia in the following year. In December 2001, coffeeheaven listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange – the first Polish-based business to be on this exchange.In September 2004, coffeeheaven opened its first store in the Czech Republic in Prague. In 2004, entry into their third country was to be in Latvia in the Baltic region of Central Europe. The accquision of Coffee Nations 7 coffee bars gave coffeeheaven their first stores in the Latvian capital of Riga. As of January 2008, the coffeeheaven group has 81 stores trading in six countries.
In 2011 all coffeeheaven cafés in the Czech republic were sold and rebranded to Costa Coffee.
 “Well be Friends Forever, wont we, Pooh? asked Piglet.
Even longer, Pooh answered.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Every year and every season they have new awesome goodies and we tried the specials for this winter: Roxana had a chilli latte and I had a gingerbread latte :) We shared a delightful white chocolate chip cookie which was huge (as you can see in the picture above, I could barely see Roxanas face behind it! :o) and a small gingerbread man (which Roxana ate as I had my own on my gingery foamy latte heaven!). I must admit that my latte smelled and tasted awesomely and I do not regret my choice! Not a single bit! but Roxana was not enthusiastic about her chilly latte (even if it had 2 chillys on the foam... that kinda looked like V from V for Vendetta... but it may be just my imagination!) - it was not spicy enough. But to the lattes defence, she does eat spicy a lot, just like my fiance, so when I tried the latte I had to drink immeditely some of mine to cool down my tongue... So... it depends on each person if you would like it or not ;)
 “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
The main point throught the whole day was the fact that we were just the 2 of us :) And we have not been together laughing and talking for a very long time. And it was kick arse! And I must mention that after Coffee Heaven and filling our batteries we went to Galeria Krakowska where we checked some more books ;))) (oh! the nerdy side of us!) and we headed home very late... and we were welcomes home by the smell of awesomely tasty good Polish food made by my kick arse husband to be! :* Dziekuje kochanie! :*
“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. Its not something you learn in school. But if you havent learned the meaning of friendship, you really havent learned anything.” ― Muhammad Ali

**I was not payed in any way to do this post. As you have noticed, I really love Bona and I really love Coffee Heaven! and Wawel always feels like home ;)  I did it out of love for my friends, as I wanted to share this lovely day with you :) And of course I wrote this post for my adorable friend Roxana - honey we are waiting for you back soon!!!**

Yours truly,
The LadyBug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment