Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dancing The Day Away Reloaded

Dear friends,

As I promised you yesterday, I am coming back with loads and loads of pictured from the National Dance Contest I went last Saturday. Now you may ask me why I have named this post "Dancing The Day Away - Reloaded"... Well, when I was doing this post I was thinking of Matrix - the movie - and the fact that its second part was named Matrix Reloaded. In February I was telling you about the first Dance Contest I have been to, in order to see Magdas mother dance :) You may remember it named as Dance The Day Away. So I believe it was more than appropriate to name the post as I did :)
The Contest was on the 29th of March and it started around 3 PM and lasted long into the night. We did not see it all, though we were here from the beginning, we headed home at around 11 PM. 8 hours of dancing managed to put a huge smile upon my face, combined with the fact that I got to see Magda and her lovely mum - not to mention the lovely weather outside!
One more time I was mesmerised how people can move and their rhythm and their love for dance. They are doing this out of passion, out of pleasure, out of fun! This is their hobby, this is the way they disconnect from the world and put theirselves in a new place. On stage they conquer their fears, they face the public and the judges voluntarly and they get to be in the limelight... I always found that fascinating! :)
This is my second time watching this type of contest live and I must admit this is something you can fall in love with easily. The gentleman look adorable, in their ties and suits and perfect polished shoes + they know how to dance heavenly! The ladies are beautiful - although sometimes they wear too much makeup... - and they move gracefully and please dont get me started about the dresses! I really fell in love with some of them - and I will guess you will figure out which...
“Sometimes we focus on the lyrics too much and forget to dance to the music.”
Alexa Anderson
Women, as well as men, in all ages and in all places, have danced on the earth, danced the life dance, danced joy, danced grief, danced despair, and danced hope. Literally and metaphorically, by their very lives.”
Margaret Laurence, Dance on the Earth: a Memoir
“The waltz was the only way a young couple could touch one another, and even through gloves I could feel the heat of your grandfathers touch,shed tell Luc, with a wicked glimmer in her eye.”
Fiona McIntosh, The Lavender Keeper
“Nothing worse than someone who goes to the dance, is excited to dance, dances all night, and then complains all the next day about his feet being sore.”
Doug Cooper, Outside In
“Artists strive for perfection. But what they often fail to see is that the beauty, 
the humanity, lies within the flaws.”
Elizabeth Isaacs
“Work like you dont need the money. Dance like no one is watching. 
And love like youve never been hurt.”
Mark Twain
Now this lady had an amazing attitude on the dance floor! I loved her!
“Most dancers find their confidence in dancing. Right is mere millimeters away from wrong. Failure is always louder than success. But there is an accumulation of all the things you don’t do wrong, and it becomes your confidence. You can even get to the point where confidence lasts longer than the dance. Seconds at first. Then minutes. Then maybe it’ll be there when you’re walking into a party, or meeting people after a show. You know you have something desirable, and you know you can move.”
― David Levithan, How They Met, and Other Stories
“Love is a Dance set on the stage of Forgiveness and Grace.”
Todd Stocker, Refined: Turning Pain Into Purpose
“A tapping foot isn’t the best a listener can get from a song: A good song makes a listener dance. A great song makes him think.”
Mokokoma Mokhonoana
“Dancers churned around them like storm tossed flowers, their heads held to either side as they whirled with abandonment.
“Look at them,” he whispered, his voice in her ear. “Have you ever seen anything like it? They have everything, don’t they? Everything except a single care to dwell on.”
Kelly Creagh, Nevermore
The Variety Of Colors And Forms Makes Me Smile...
Contestants & Spectators In One :)
“Life is a dance of nature.”
Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut
“Show me slowly what I only
know the limits of
Dance me to the end of love”
Leonard Cohen, Leonard Cohen: Poems and Songs
“Talk about dance? Dance is not something to talk about. Dance is to dance.”
Peter Saint James
“The Argentine tango isnt here to play nicely with the other children. The Argentine tango is here to seduce your women, spill things on your rug, and sneak out your bedroom window in the middle of the night.”
Seanan McGuire, Discount Armageddon
The Most Perfect Dress :)
“Let me tell you something: when you dance, you are the greatest dancer who has ever lived. And when you sing, you will have the courage to raise your voice to the heavens, knowing that you may never get an answer.”
Emma Forrest
“In answer to a question you asked me not a long ago, a question I didn’t answer at the time…it is worth it. Love is a perilous dance too, you see. And if we stop dancing, we’ll die.
Don’t ever stop dancing.”
Kate Avery Ellison, Frost
“The girl danced like light on water. After Id watched for a while I looked with all of me, not just my eyes, and then I saw the meaning of the dance. I wanted to stop looking because it was so sad, but I couldnt because it was so beautiful.”
Glenda Millard, A Small Free Kiss in the Dark
“What I have to tell you is this: I am resolved that dancing is to be my path. I know that to be a dancer is to be considered in our world little more than a prostitute. But you cannot imagine what is happening here in Berlin. It is different back home, but in Europe dance is being reborn as something more than cheap entertainment by loose women.”
Wendy Buonaventura, Midnight Rose: a life of Maud Allan
“You dance love, and you dance joy, and you dance dreams. And I know if I can make you smile by jumping over a couple of couches or running through a rainstorm, 
then Ill be very glad to be a song and dance man.”
Gene Kelly
“We think to dance, and dance in thought. But to hibernate in the mind,
 is to bring upon us an apocalypse of the Soul.”
Ilyas Kassam
“For I have trained myself and am training myself always to be able to dance lightly in the service of thought”
Søren Kierkegaard
“The word figure from choreography . . .
means something like a momentary attitude of the body or a fragment of a dance.”
Sue Ellen Campbell (Bringing the Mountain Home)
“When life gets you down, improvise as if crawling was part of the choreography.”
Iveta Cherneva
“Real men dont lift weights, they lift women.”
Every male ballet dancer
“Our biological rhythms are the symphony of the cosmos, 
music embedded deep within us to which we dance, even when we cant name the tune.”
Deepak Chopra
“Life is short and there will always be dirty dishes, so lets dance.”
James Howe, Totally Joe
Watch them dance until it is your turn...
Spectators, Scene & Contestants
The Cheer-Up Dragons :)
I really loved that during this Dance Contest there were also 2 dragons - one older and one younger :) that cheered up the public and made the athmosphere. That was adorable and funny as Krakows symbol is actually the Dragon and as the contest was hosted by a Dance School in Krakow it was more than fitting ;)
Rest and Watch Time
The Scene/The Stage & Its Players :)
Who won?! :)
I had an amazing time and if Magda will ask me again if I wanna go with her, for sure I will say YES! for the 3rd time :) I must admit it is quite addicting and that this time I catched myself thinking how would it be if I were on stage. I know for sure that it would be hard for my partner to dance with me as I know very well the male parts of the dance as I was always the tallest in class and resumed the male part in it. I am very good at leading a waltz or dancing twist and rock & roll but I need to do the male part ;) So until now, I danced every bride at every wedding... I twisted them, I turned them, I dipped them perfectly... now I wonder what will happen at my wedding... I have this tendency of leading when dancing with my awesome husband so we need to have some classes soon... Did you ladies ever had this type of problem?! :)

Yours truly,
A LadyBug That Loves Music

No comments:

Post a Comment